Issue 1, December 2011
To download the Newsletter in it's entirety CLICK HERE alternatively please see the links below for individual articles.
1. Issue 1 Welcome
2. UK Supreme Court Clears the Air in Jivraj v Hashwani Parties are Free to Choose their Arbitrators
3. Impartiality - To what Extent is an Arbitrator Obliged to Disclose His or Her Background Associations
4. Phillip Morris Launches Arbitration over Australian Cigarette Law
5. Caveat Mediator: Exceptions to Privilege for Settlement Negotiations
6. A One Stop Shop for Arbitration - UK Courts Demonstrate Support for Arbitration Clauses to be Interpreted Widely
7. United Kingdom - Arbitration Review 2012
8. What Gets in the Way of Making Decisions in Mediation?
9. Spain Reforms Arbitration Act
10. Book Reviews: The Leaky Buildings Crisis – Understanding the Issues
Willams and Kawharu on Arbitration
NZDRC and NZIAC are proud sponsors of the Arbitration Seminar to be run by AMINZ on the 22nd February 2011 in Auckland. Please click on the link above to find out more information about the presenters, format and registration for this event. Places are limited so be in quickly to secure your place.